Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Benefit of Book Reviews

Earlier this month when I reviewed Craig Blomberg's Historical Reliability of the Gospels and James Dunn's Did the First Century Christians Worship Jesus?, it seems a few people had their eyes on my blog.

Evidently, one of the publishers like my review enough to send me a couple of books for reviewing on my WordPress Blog. I'm extremely grateful to InterVarsity Press for their generosity, and I'll try to review the books as soon as possible, but it'll be hard considering they're over 800 pages each!

I didn't start my WordPress Blog to start receiving books from publishers, but I guess when you get enough views and interest, they take interest in you!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky git. Ha, only joking. A worker is worthy of his wages.

    Like I said before, your reviews were helpful to me and it seems others have noticed as well. You'll have to send a PM to all your 100+ subscribers, reminding them of your blog sites. I've seen this before with some other guy on youtube who gets sent tons of books, where he makes video book reviews (which he also posts on Amazon) - don't know where people get the time - takes me long enough to read one book. Ivan, give me some tips on how to read//.

    I'm going to start a blog reviewing BMW cars...

    Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick!

    What's funny is that I haven't even promoted my blogs, except for just placing a link on my YouTube channel. Even with virtually no exposure, I still get around 300 views a month! And it's not like I'm trying to get views, I just post stuff that I think is interesting.

    Nick, I'm a slow reader too... I try to read 1 chapter a day if possible, but if not then I at least try to read for 30 minutes. One things that has helped me is my study of Greek.

    Since Greek is a tough study, hard to learn... everything else seems easier in comparison. I don't know how to explain it. I guess it's like when you've got a headache but you bump your foot on an edge or corner so you suddenly forget you got a headache... it's sort of like that!(if that made any sense)

    Yeah, no kidding. Perhaps a blog reviewing mansions shouldn't be too bad either!

    ReplyDelete